10 Best Places for Budget Shopping in Singapore Under S$20
- 1. Lucky Plaza – Best for Casual Clothes and Accessories
- 2. Bugis Street – Best for Fashion Clothes and Souvenirs
- 3. Mustafa Center – Best for Electronics, Textile, and Souvenirs
- 4. Far East Plaza – Best for Trendy Clothes and Footwear
- 5. City Plaza – Best for Vintage, Pre-loved Items
- 6. Chinatown Street Market – Best for Souvenirs and Street Foods
- 7. IMM Outlet Mall – Best for Outlet Clothes at Discount Prices
- 8. Scape Underground – Best for Students on a Budget
- 9. Anchorpoint Shopping Centre – Best for Branded Clothes at Budget-Friendly Prices
- 10. Tian Ma Group – Best for Household Items
- How We Rate and Review the Products and Services We Recommend
- Related Post
Singapore is known for its shopping scene. With Orchard Road being one of the hottest shopping scenes in the country, the Lion City is brimming with high-street brands, fashion houses, and discount outlets. But this doesn’t mean budget-conscious shoppers can’t find good deals.
To help you shop on a budget, we’ve curated a list of budget shopping places in Singapore where you can find fashion clothing, souvenirs, handbags, and more – all under S$20.
Lucky Plaza is perfect for budget-conscious shoppers. You can find clothes starting from S$3. With over 500 stores to choose from, you’ll surely find budget-friendly products.
SG, Orchard Rd, Lucky Plaza, 238863
Monday-Sunday: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Phone: +65 6235 3294
Lucky Plaza captures the look of old Singaporean shopping centres. Renowned for its affordability, you can find some of the cheapest yet good quality products, such as casual clothes, perfumes, sunglasses, and souvenirs. Also known as Little Philippines, you can also find food stalls that serve a complete meal starting from S$8.
- Affordable products on Orchard Road: Lucky Plaza is a shopping center located in Singapore’s most luxurious street – Orchard Road. They offer clothing, simple accessories, low-end watches, used books, and more.
- Filipino food stalls: When you want to take a break from shopping, you can find plenty of Filipino food stalls, like Jollibee, Inasal, and Tapa King.
- Branded perfumes in sample sizes: Lucky Plaza has a wide variety of branded perfumes available. In fact, you might find 3 for S$10 perfume deals.
“Love this mall a lot. You can find food and products from the Philippines. There are many delicious authentic Filipino foods available at this mall. On top of that, there are many other varieties of shops here too. Always crowded and I love the atmosphere.” – Din Neo
“Lots of great Indonesian and Filipino shops. The good Indo restaurants are on the fourth floor. During covid, they are allowing odd number even number ID cards to avoid overcrowding. Check out the bebek goreng resto on the fourth floor by the escalator.” – Khun Chalee
You can buy dresses starting from S$7, jeans at S$10, and shoes starting from S$15.
3 New Bugis Street, Singapore 188867
Monday-Sunday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Phone: +65 6338 9513
Bugis Street is one of the most popular street markets in Singapore. With over 600 shops, you will find a wide variety of products – from souvenirs, postcards, stationery, and more. Here, you will also find the latest clothes without going over your budget. Besides knick-knacks, you can also find plenty of food stalls so you can take a break.
Bugis Street is best for shoppers looking to shop at street prices.
- Fashion finds at affordable prices: Bugis Street Market has over 600 shops and it’s a haven for fashionistas. You can find the latest and trendiest clothing, shoes, and accessories.
- Budget-friendly prices: With just under S$10, you can find t-shirts, dresses, and other casual wear.
- Food options: If you get hungry while shopping, you’ll have plenty of food options, such as fried snacks, Satay, or noodles
“A great place for tourists as well as locals to enjoy their weekends. Variety of shops selling souvenirs for the tourists. Got many food stalls to enjoy the local street food and drinks. This place got lots of shops selling clothes and on the other floor got salons for ladies for manicures and pedicures as well.” – Ramesh Sharma
“An ideal place to get funky new trends of clothes for $10 to $100. Accessories, phone accessories, shoes, bags, and many other items are available too. Nail and eyelash extensions can be done there too. Tattoo Parlor is available as well. It’s a great place for tourists, they love to buy souvenirs from Bugis street. Street food and fresh fruit juice are available. Watches from $5 are available. I love Singapore, T-shirts are available. Colourful masks are available. The street looked spacious today on 17th August 2021. It was less crowded than other days.” – Ms. Suchi
Mustafa Center offers great bargains on electronics – 10% to 20% cheaper than regular prices. If you’re budget-shopping for footwear, you can find a pair as cheap as S$15.
145 Syed Alwi Rd, Mustafa Centre, Singapore 207704
Monday-Sunday: 9:00 AM to 11:30 PM
Phone: +65 6295 5855
Mustafa Center houses the Mustafa department store which offers bargain finds, perfect for budget-conscious shoppers. This budget shopping centre houses a plethora of items, including jewellery, electronics, textile, and footwear. Shoppers looking for discounts will definitely not leave empty-handed.
Mustafa Center used to be open 24 hours and 365 days a year. Today, they are open till 11:30 in the evening, catering to late-night shoppers.
- A wide variety of items are available: At Mustafa Center, you will find a variety of products, such as electronic goods, DVDs, books, footwear, clothing, toys, and more.
- Everything is offered at the cheapest prices: The store owners at Mustafa Center buy the products in bulk to get lower prices. As a result, the savings are passed onto the customers.
- Late closing time: Mustafa Center is open till 11:30 pm so late-night shoppers can still shop at their convenience.
“Covid restrictions being followed. You can get everything under one roof at reasonable prices. Very well managed. Customer-friendly. Unique experience. Anyone visiting Singapore must visit. Popular amongst the local population. Easily accessible.” – Wg Cdr RC Singh
“I visited Singapore in 2001 and I had been there at that time. The store had almost anything that you wanted to get and I had bought some chocolates and some regular stuff from there. Anyways, the experience was really good.” – Muhammad Shahzad
The average prices of clothes at Far East Plaza range between S$15 and S$30. Plus, you can also avail daily sales and find items at S$10 or less.
14 Scotts Rd, Singapore 228213
Monday-Sunday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Phone: +65 6734 2325
Far East Plaza is one of the best budget shopping places in Singapore. It offers a mixture of Hong Kong style, Korean style, retro, and vintage style apparel. On top of that, you will also find many beauty salons where you can get eyelash extensions or get your nails done.
If you’re looking for some retail therapy, you can check out Sara & Pat stall for budget-friendly dresses, t-shirts, and more.
- Different fashion styles: Looking for Korean-style clothes? How about vintage or retro-style apparel? You will find plenty of fashion clothing, footwear, and accessories at Far East Plaza.
- Tailor-made clothes: At Far East Plaza, there’s no shortage of affordable tailors. For instance, you can go to Mohan to get your tailor-made clothes.
- Affordable beauty services: Aside from apparel, footwear, and accessories, Far East Plaza also houses beauty service stores. Here, you can get your hair and nails done.
“Old-school mall with a cluster of shops on each floor offering services ranging from massages, hair salons, tailoring, to clothes. Level 5 has many cheap and consistently good food options (fresh fruit juice, zi char and other hawker-style stalls for meals under $5) in the middle of Orchard.
A real hidden gem is Ana Bookstore on level 5, right next to the lifts.” – Clarine See
“Good! Shops are interesting, and you can find something here anytime you walk around. Been here since I was a kid, shops have changed, but it still has that old-world charm.” – Sam Chia
Pre-loved clothing ranges between S$5 and S$15.
810 Geylang Rd, Singapore 409286
Monday-Sunday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Phone: +65 6748 0997
City Plaza is the oldest mall in the city-state. Situated on the shopping stretch at Geylang Serai, the shopping mall has an entire floor for apparel. With five floors, this mall is also a great place for pre-loved fashion, vintage, and wholesale fashion pieces. You may want to check out Whitefiction, Refash, and PEONY Collection for thrifty clothing.
- A five-story shopping centre: Aside from fashion shops, City Plaza also houses beauty salons, jewelry stores, and fast food chains.
- Pre-loved, vintage, wholesale fashion pieces: City Plaza offers a great collection of pre-loved fashion pieces, such as tops, shoes, bags, and accessories.
- Wholesale prices: When you shop at City Plaza, it’s best to shop with family and friends. This allows you to get wholesale prices and even try your luck bargaining with shop owners.
“I have known this Mall – City Plaza since my teen days. I still like going there sometimes. But many stores close and new stores open. Just see what you want actually. For me, I go there for a massage, hip accessories, and clothing or buy snacks.” – Secret Emerald
“Cheap shopping places and cheap food are very suitable for FDW, but when Sundays are too crowded. Beef ball soup (Bakso beranak) at level 5, many Indonesia FDW looking for it Can be reached easily using public transportation close to Paya Lebar MRT, bus stop” – Amy Marthyn
The prices at Chinatown Street Market are very budget-friendly. The price range for the food items is around S$5 to S$10.
29 Smith St, Singapore 058943
Monday-Sunday: 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Phone: +65 6221 5115
Singapore’s Chinatown Street Market is one of the most popular spots in the city for both locals and tourists alike. This flea market covers the whole streets, including Pagoda Street, Trengganu Street, Sago Lane, Smith Street, and Temple Street. Here, you can find everything from fashion pieces to electronics to souvenirs to antiques.
- Hundreds of shops and stalls: At Chinatown Street Market, you will find everything from clothing to homeware to electronics to handcrafts.
- Budget-friendly street foods and restaurants: If you don’t feel like shopping or want to rest up for a bit, you can enjoy the variety of hawker-style signature dishes.
- A popular tourist destination for street shopping: Chinatown Street Market also boasts colonial architecture. Plus, the attractive hanging red lanterns create a vibrant picture of Singapore culture.
“I still remember my amazing shopping done here. I bought many things that too at much cheaper rates. The food I had was tasty and clean. Shopkeepers are friendly. I went in the afternoon and found the place very crowded. You need to go when the sun is going down, so there will be less crowd. Must visit when in Singapore.” – Lim Suan
“The place is fresh, vibrant and the looks are mind-blowing. The Chinese market is one of Singapore’s tourist attractions. Good products, fancy and decorative pieces available. There are authentic Chinese, Thai restaurants that serve you smacking snacks and delicious food. A must-visit place. Recommended” – Sarath Sasikumar
They offer up to 80% discount all year round. For instance, Desigual Garage offers storewide discounts of up to 70%. If you want to shop for branded fashion items, this mall is a go-to.
2 Jurong East Street 21, Singapore 609601
Monday-Sunday: 10 AM to 10 PM
Phone: +65 6665 8268
The biggest outlet mall in Singapore, IMM Outlet Mall houses around 90 outlet stores, 215 retail shops, and 60 food stores. Here, you will find popular brands, such as Michael Kors, Kate Spade, and more. However, they offer different discounts all year round so you can get apparel and fashion pieces at budget-friendly prices.
- Plenty of stores to choose from: The IMM building is built with five levels. With plenty of outlet stores and food venues to choose from, there is definitely something for everyone.
- Over 90 fashion brands: Among the top-notch fashion brands you can find at IMM Singapore are Adidas, Club 21, Calvin Klein Jeans, Coach, Kate Spade, Clarks, Michael Kors, Timberland, and more.
- Large discounts: IMM Singapore is a mega discount store where prices are slashed up to 80% all year round.
“Great place to look out for discount items at this mall. Most of the shops here are factory outlets that sell items at discount. Plenty of eateries options and at level 3 it has furniture shops too. Crowded during weekends. Giant Hypermarket is on the ground level of this building, huge and stocked with plenty of stuff.” – Daniel Sin
“It’s a good place to find branded goods at bargain prices although most items are older stuff. Good selection of food at most levels.” – Allan Chuah
Fashion clothes range between S$10 and S$15.
2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978
Monday-Sunday: 11:00 AM to 10:30 PM
Phone: +65 6309 3737
If you’re looking into cheap shopping options in Singapore, you may want to consider Scape Underground. SCAPE is explicitly designed for students, making their prices budget-friendly. However, the clothes are not limited to teens and young adults –there are fashion items for all age brackets.
Scape Underground is part of Scape Co., Ltd which is a non-profit organization and its goal is to support youth, talent, and leadership development.
- Budget-friendly shopping for students: SCAPE is specifically designed for students. The retail space is cheap, plus the retailers are young people so they have a better understanding of student budgets.
- A wide spectrum of items: Aside from apparel, you can also find electronic accessories, souvenirs, and other hip accessories in Scape Underground.
- Retail space is cheap: If you’re looking into opening a business, the cost of setting up and renting at Scape is low. As a result, the cost of selling is much cheaper as compared to other malls.
“I recommend checking this site if you want to look for girls’ wear such as bags, purses, glasses, etc. It’s a better place to buy than Lucky Plaza or Far East Plaza if you look for something mentioned above.” – Rifqy Abdillah
“Amazing concept for youngsters in Singapore. Love the outdoor park and the activity options here. Also great for young entrepreneurs to be. There is a market inside for young entrepreneurs.” – FW POV Property & Travel
9. Anchorpoint Shopping Centre – Best for Branded Clothes at Budget-Friendly Prices
You can get the latest trends for prices as low as S$5.
370 Alexandra Rd, Singapore 159953
Monday-Sunday: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Phone: +65 6475 2257
Anchorpoint is a great place to buy branded clothing apparel at cheap prices. Among the outlet stores, you’ll find at Anchorpoint Shopping Centre includes Cotton On and Giordano. Aside from apparel, it also offers footwear, electronic goods, and more. On top of that, it also houses a clinic, supermarket, and food court.
- Factory outlet stores: Anchorpoint houses a number of factory outlet stores in Singapore, such as Charles & Keith, TYPO Outlet, Cotton On, Billabong, and more.
- Discounted branded clothes: The outlet stores usually sell their off-season clothes at huge discounts between 30% and 70%.
- Shop without a crowd: This shopping centre is only known by local savvy budget shoppers. This means you can enjoy a comfortable shopping experience without the crowd and long queues.
“Good for shopping for a range of items from clothing to foods. Just opposite IKEA Alexander. DIY, Value Dollar, KFC, Subway, all in.” – Myo Min Swe
“Nice place to shop and dine. There we were able to get items at reasonable prices. The vicinity is good and relaxing as there is a place to take some rest and pictures.” – Vangie Ercia
The rates at Tian Ma Group are very cheap. You can buy a water bottle at S$1 or a cloth organizer at S1.90. That said, most of their items range between S$1 and less than S$20.
Bedok North Street Branch
11 Bedok North Street 1 #01-17/19 Singapore 469662
Bishan Street Branch
Blk 513 Bishan Street 13 #01-512 Singapore 570513
Jurong West Street Branch
Blk 495 Jurong West St 41 #01-100 Singapore 640495
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM to 10:30 PM
Saturday-Sunday: 7:30 AM to 10:30 PM
If you’re looking for household items at dirt cheap prices, you must check out Tian Ma Group. Situated in Bedok, Bishan, and Jurong West, this budget store is like a combination of ValuDollar and Miniso – but has way cheaper prices. Tian Ma Group offers a wide spectrum of household items, including drinks, snacks, and daily essential items.
- Refreshments sold in bulk: If you’re preparing for a party or simply want to have essentials in stock, you can buy drinks by the carton.
- Home and workspace accessories: Aside from drinks and snacks, you can also buy home and workspace accessories. For instance, you can buy a wireless speaker for as cheap as S$15.
- Multiple locations: Tian Ma Group has three outlets in Singapore at the moment. That said, you can go have a look at their selections at the nearest outlet.
“Another no-frills, low-cost general merchandiser in the heartlands. Good value for many household and grocery items. Walking distance to the MRT station and bus interchange.” – T. Wong
“Cheap, cheap stuff, they sell all kinds of stuff from handphone gadgets to daily essentials and it is so cheap nice and fun shopping there” – Joe Tan
How We Rate and Review the Products and Services We Recommend
Top Brands aim to help readers make smart choices. To do so, each product, service, or company is assessed using a set of metrics. We hold our rating system to a high standard. You can check our full evaluation system here.
Singapore may be known for its luxury shopping malls, but there are also plenty of options for those who are on a budget. There are good bargains if you know where to look.
- You can shop branded apparel and footwear at cheap prices if you buy them from outlet stores. Make sure to get them when the outlet store is giving out huge discounts.
- Cheap doesn’t always equate to low-quality goods. There are plenty of shopping centers that offer top-quality items at low costs.
Want to get the latest list of the best businesses in Singapore? Sign up for our newsletter today to get expert product and services reviews straight to your inbox.