12 Best Cake Shop Places to Consider in Singapore
When you picture birthdays, you get a bunch of associated imagery—friends and family at a party, gifts, streamers, balloons, and a lot of food. But whichever image you have of birthdays, one prolific item that serves as the best representation of the occasion are birthday cakes.
But while cakes remain the symbol for birthdays, they are a staple of just about every celebration and will be a welcome addition to any party. A great way to make it even better is to add a touch of personalization—custom cakes can make a good gift great!
So where can you find the best places for custom cakes in Singapore? We list them down for you in this article!
The Best Cake Shops in Singapore for Birthday Cakes, Wedding Cakes, and Customised Cakes for Every Occasion
From the classic chocolate cake to the carrot cake and sponge cake, there are a lot of cakes out there. With the number of cake shops in Singapore, there’s no end to the variety of pastries and cake flavours cake lovers can enjoy.
So whether it’s a birthday cake you’re after for your party, or just sweet treats to add a little sugar to your day, here are some of the 12 best dessert places for cakes in Singapore.
- The Fabulous Baker Boy
- Ugly Cake Shop
- Cake Spade
- Cat & The Fiddle
- Gaily Bakes
- Delcie’s Desserts
- Ciel Patisserie
- Spatula Bakery
- Edith Patisserie
- Baker’s Brew
- Chalk Farm
Average. Their whole cakes start at $69 and go up to $120. Prices may vary depending on size.
1D Yong Siak Street Singapore 168641
Monday-Friday: 11:00 am – 6:30 pm
Saturday: 9:30 am – 9:30 pm
Sunday: 9:30 am – 6:30 pm
Phone: +65 8951 7716
Since 2008, The Fabulous Baker Boy has been living up to its name, giving the Singapore public cakes that don’t just count for celebrations, but also comfort.
This bakery offers a variety of classic cave flavours and pastries while boasting a selection of unique flavours like their Diva & Divo series. Bookings are available as long as you are pre-order, and they take orders in specific locations in the country.
- Value for Money. You don’t need to feel guilty for indulging in a slice of any of their great selections of large cakes! A delicious lemon and yoghurt layered cake like Beyonce goes for just $9 per person!
- Free On-Time Delivery. The Fabulous Baker Boy offers free delivery for any size cake, and they’ve been guaranteed to have your cakes delivered as timely as possible.
- Wide Selection of Items. This bakery started with 10 cakes, 3 sandwiches, and a single pasta dish, into a large catalogue of baked goods, and more at their restaurant front, the Soul Kitchen. Now, from classics like the strawberry shortcake to their different collections, you’ve got ample choices.
“Had a great time here – I personally loved the weekday set lunch, it was delicious and value for money! The set lunch also comes with beverages and signature cakes—which were really good and not to mention pretty huge as well for a cake slice.” – Shahira Azman
“Nice ambience, friendly service, some choices for vegetarians, boggling level of cake and bake varieties!” – Jo-Lin Koh
Cheap. Their cheapest cakes run at $30 each, all up to $160 for their large bear cake.
535 Kallang Bahru, #01-06, Singapore 339351
Monday-Saturday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Public Holidays: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Phone: +65 8228 8300
Opened in 2014, this not-at-all ugly cake shop started out as a charity bakery in hopes of creating a sustainable way to feed undernourished children in Timor-Leste.
So you don’t just feel good about its taste, you also feel good because your money goes into a good cause!
- Non-Artificial & High-Quality Ingredients. All of their pastries and desserts do not contain artificial colouring, fondant or marzipan, and they make a point to use high-quality ingredients.
- Variety of Affordable & Quirky Pastries. The Ugly Cake Shop has a cute selection of designs, portraying animals, vehicles, and more on some of their cakes, and they also offer a myriad of choices, from cookies to other baked goods at a very affordable price range!
- Charity. A big part of their profits go into supporting the children of Timor-Leste.
“Had a last minute recommendation to try their cakes for a birthday celebration and was not let down by the quality of their bakes! I did a walk-in and their Big Daddy cake was the one and only cake on shelf that day. The cake was packed with luscious chocolatey goodness and was not too sweet to cloy us. We can easily help ourselves to a second or third serving immediately!” – Sandy Ang
“We stopped by Ugly Cake Shop to get dessert for our daughter’s birthday. The cupcakes and cake were delicious! Our favourites were dark chocolate and peanut butter, oreo and salted caramel. It’s the perfect level of sweetness and it’s a huge plus that they use all-natural flavouring. Will definitely be coming back for more :)” – Jen Sullivan
Cheap. Their starting mini cake is priced at $13.90
83 TANJONG PAGAR ROAD SINGAPORE 088504
Monday-Thursday: 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Friday-Saturday: 12:00 pm to 10:30 pm (Including eve of Public Holidays)
Closed on Public Holidays
Phone: +65 6444 3868
Cake Spade started in 2013, with the idea of making cakes as a daily treat instead of an occasional indulgence, which can then be kept in store for a while because they are made without the use of chemical stabilizers and shortenings to extend the shelf life.
In addition, they make interesting flavours that would seem weird but end up being fairly tasty, like their signature tofu cheesecake.
- Creatively Delicious Flavours. Cake Spade has a selection of unique flavour profiles, like their signature tofu cheesecake, with either a digestive or oreo base, and a jelly topping that has fresh strawberries, peaches, and mangoes!
- Sliced Cakes, Whole Cakes, and Customised Cake Options. Cakes can be customisable, and for their catalogue you can opt to purchase a slice instead of a whole cake.
- Affordable and Well-Packaged. Their cakes often come in adorable package designs, all while remaining within a reasonable budget.
“Stood in line for more than 40 minutes but it was worth it. One of the best on the island.” – Thomas Situ
“Just had it for the first time and now know why people are willing to queue for an hour for this awesome CKT” – SayYoung
Average. $45.90 to $72.90 per whole cake
Founded by award-winning chef Daniel Tay, Cat & the Fiddle is an online bakery that offers same-day delivery. There is a wide selection of Halal-certified cheesecakes with quirky names
- Variety of Gourmet Cheesecakes. The brand offers 17 flavours of gourmet cheesecakes! Among these quirky-named choices are the Milo Dinosaur Cake, the Classic New York Cheesecake, and their version of the basque burnt cheesecake—the Charred Eclipse. They also make for great birthday cakes!
- Halal-certified. Muslim foodies looking for sweet baked treats and birthday cakes are in for a good time!
- Same-Day Delivery. Get your order straight to you within the day!
“The fickle feline comes with 10 different flavours of cheesecake which will satisfy all cheesecake fans. Having 10 flavours also means you can try all the favours cat & the fiddle has to offer! Really good deal and delivery was efficient and on time!” – Brian He
“I’ve ordered from Cat & the Fiddle before and only collected it at some industrial place where they produce it. First time visiting their physical store in a mall, cute! They have a range of cheesecakes on display and have a promotion where you buy 4 slices and get 1 slice free. The cheesecakes are packed separately in cute triangular packaging.” – Karen
Cheap. From $18 per box of cupcakes, may vary
Out of its competition, Gaily Bakes comes out on top with its unique fusions of mochi with other classic pastries. Brownies and bundt cakes galore, all coming with the soft, chewiness that we know and love from mochi.
What’s more, 10% of their profits go to animal shelters in the country, just in case you needed another reason to feel good about spending here.
- Mochi Fusion. All of the pastries from Gaily Bakes are done with their inventive means of making unique mochi desert fusions! Bite into the soft exterior and relish the gooey insides.
- Flavor Variety. Gaily Bakes may change their menu every week, so there’s always a neat surprise that awaits you! And while their bakes make for untraditional birthday cakes, they still are worth considering alongside their bite-sized treats!
- Charity. 10% of their profits go directly to animal shelters in Singapore.
“The pineapple tart is goooood! Surprisingly the crust is soft and light, but still buttery. Pineapple filling not too sweet, tastes fresh”
“Good! I give it an 8.5. Nothing beats the strawberry baileys. I’m going to devour them later”
Average. Large cakes start at $60
34 Whampoa W, #01-83, Singapore 330034
Monday-Sunday: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
Phone: +65 6282 2951
If you want a healthier alternative to your baked delights, then look no further than Delcie’s Dessert. It differentiates itself from other cake shops by using ingredients that are free from dairy, egg, and the dreaded sugar.
So whether you’re cutting down on gluten, sugar, or you simply want to say no to calories, head on down to Delcies and treat yourself!
- Healthy Cakes with Customisation. Delcie’s can serve your choice of vegan diabetic-friendly, sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and/or baby-friendly birthday cakes and finger-sized cakes for you! What’s more, if you’re looking for something personalized, Delcies can whip one up for you!
- Value for Money. Celebrate with birthday cakes that are good for your health and your wallet!
- Great Delivery Service. Get your dessert delivered straight to your chosen location!
“Thank you for making such a beautiful and tasty baby friendly cake for my baby girl’s 1st birthday. Not only did my baby enjoy the cake very much, the cake was well received by the adults as well. Highly recommended to those parents who are looking for baby friendly cake, look no further than Delcie’s!” – Xiaoting Lim
“Was gifted lunch today from Daisy’s Dream Kitchen by my student. I would like to say a very big thank you to his parents for gifting lunch cos the food is so so so good. And I am very particular about the taste of peranakan food. The sambal belachan did it for me. So super spicy shiok! 5 thumbs up! I’m already planning to go down to have dinner with my friends soon!” – Rachel H.
Average. Prices start at $2.50 for pieces, while whole cakes start at $40
124 Hougang Ave 1, #01-1444, Singapore 530124
Monday-Sunday: 11:00 am to 8:00 pm
Phone: +65 6383 0803
If you’re looking for traditional french baking techniques applied to a fusion of French and local Singaporean tastes, then Ciel Pattiserrie is the cake shop for you! It’s expansive catalog of cakes are made from fresh ingredients, making this bakery a favoured spot for cake lovers.
- Classic French Favourites and Local Delights. This cake shop stands out for its clever fusion of local flavours and french pastries, which can add some extra flare to your birthday cakes or wedding cakes. You can get tastes like Ondeh Ondeh and Strawberry Shortcake alike!
- Customisation. Does their catalogue feel a little lacking in what you’re looking for? Ciel is ready and willing to make you a freshly-baked personalised birthday cake!
- Delivery. Get your order to your desired location with their great delivery service!
“Stumbled upon Ciel again after more than 5 years and I hit myself for forgetting this place! It’s a nice little Patisserie with an excellent chef at play. The cakes are masterfully prepared and they have a really wide range to suit your palate. Must try!” – Eric Lee
“I came here for the third time. I really like the strong bakery smell when I open the door, which makes people feel happy. Must buy every time Petit Tart Gift Box (6 pcs). The tarts are absolutely amazing and delicious. My favourite is the Chocolate Almond Tart & Lemon Meringue Tart. The cake will prefer Earl Grey Lavender , Carrot Cake, Rose.Especially is Rose was amazing very smell rose and smooth with a cornflakes base.I love it.” – KZXYan Kam
Average. Large cakes start at $60
When it comes to cakes, looking good is just as important as tasting good, and Spatula knocks it out of the park! Known for its Instagram-worthy layered cakes and its quirky designs since 2012, Spatula is a force to be reckoned with in the cake world, with know-how on creating great tastes and clever visuals.
- Flavour Variety. From classic flavours to experimental ones, Spatula has it all starting with chocolate chip cookie cough, lemon curd meringue, and banana salted caramel.
- Great Designs. The biggest selling point of Spatula’s celebration cakes are their layered designs that will find home in your Instagram feed.
- Halal-Certified. ROA is Muslim-owned, so Muslim clients don’t have to worry about what they consume at this cake shop!
“Really like how the chocolate chip cookie dough tastes and textures. Would have preferred the cake to be a bit more moist, but it’s good enough with the chocolate sauce by the side.” – Cassandra Chew
“I didn’t expect to like Spatula’s Milo Dino cake, cause most layered cakes don’t usually impress. This, with its moist and light milo sponge cake, topped with a flavourful milo buttercream, turned out to be pretty delicious. It is quite hard to nail that malty chocolate flavour in a cake, but Spatula’s wasn’t too bad. As long as you’re not counting on a cake version of a local milo gao, this would work just fine.” – Nobelle Liew
Average. Cupcakes start at $15, while whole cakes can go for $32.80 to over $100.
183 Jln Pelikat, #B1-40, Singapore 537643
Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Phone: +65 8790 4780
Everybody loves a good chocolate cake. It’s a classic, but ROA takes the familiar task of chocolate pastry to the next level to new heights of decadence and indulgence.
From their signature chocolate cake to their other options, everything is made with a bouncy, soft, and moist sponge and a rich dark chocolate ganache, all packed in a 100% vegan delight.
- Chocolate Cakes. ROA is a cake shop that specialises in chocolate flavours for cakes. If you fashion yourself a chocoholic, there’s no better place to go for great chocolate cakes in Singapore than Roa. The chocolate sponge cake and midnight chocolate flavour are must-tries!
- Vegan, Low-Calorie and Gluten-Free. All of the cakes in ROA are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free, and use ingredients like avocados instead of butter, brown rice milk, and psyllium husk, making them delicious but no less guilt-free!
- Delivery. Get your order straight to your desired location, possibly even on the same day!
“Ordered the Midnight Baby Grand Cake for a friend’s birthday and it is excellent! We absolutely enjoyed this vegan chocolate cake that comes in just the right amount of sweetness and textures. 4-inch size is just right for 3 (while keeping us craving for more). Thanks for accommodating to my requests in such short notice. Highly recommended!” – Jo Chong
“The midnight dark chocolate cake is amazing! Just to give you context, I’m not fond of vegan and gluten free cake because it doesn’t taste like cake. But this cake completely changed my mind about cakes made with healthy ingredients! The midnight cake is very chocolatey and has the equivalent texture and density of a regular chocolate cake. The quality of chocolate couverture used is high and I could tell from taste that it was a high percentage dark chocolate couverture. It’s my new happy (birthday) cake and I will probably order it whenever I need a delicious chocolate cake fix.” – Michelle Ling
Average. Cakes start at $32 to over $60
772 North Bridge Rd, Singapore 198740
Tuesday-Saturday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, Sundays
Phone: +65 6443 7150
From the minds and hands of a pastry chef pairing that met in culinary school comes the fresh pastries of Edith Pattiserie. Starting in 2013, it specialises in brownies, layered cakes, and other pastries for all kinds of celebrations with flavours that are tailored to the local tastes.
- Variety of Gourmet Cakes. From tea cakes to sweet cakes, and mini cakes to layered cakes, Edith Pattiserie has multiple options for you to choose from, with multiple flavours ranging from delectable earl grey lavender cake, cookie dough speculoos chocolate, and honey lemon chamomile cakes.
- Customisation. This gourmet joint can fulfill your unique choices for customisation.
- Free Delivery. Edith Pattiserie offers free delivery for purchases over $150.
“Always my first choice for all celebrations. Love the creative designs and the light fluffy texture of the cakes. They have tasty flavours which are not overly sweet which is very kids friendly!” – Aiting Chee
“I almost only buy cakes from Edith because of the quality, artistry, great selection and value. The golf themed cake was neatly packaged and delivered in perfect condition. It was super yummy too!” – Beth San
Cheap. Their variety of baked goods range from $12.80 to over $70 and up. They have enough cakes in the cheap range to be considered quite affordable.
From a small cake shop in 2015, Baker’s Brew has steadily grown into a massive pastry empire bringing more than just delicious cakes to the public. Baker’s Brew shares its love of baking through offering baking classes and delicious pastries!
Clients can also rest easy when planning events because they also offer rental and planning services for any sort of occasion.
- Custom Cakes and Baking Classes. Want a cake made to your preferences? Either do it with your own hands or have Baker’s Brew do it for you! They have classes and customisation services.
- Event Planning and Rental Services. Baker’s Brew is pretty much a one-stop shop because you can get planning and rental services for your event needs, like dessert tables!
- On-Time Delivery. Three-day pre-orders are sure to arrive at the designated time!
“Needed a last minute birthday cake and was delighted to come across Samantha in stores who patiently helped in picking out the perfect cake. On top of that, she offered to pipe my friend’s name so beautifully. I’m a returning customer for and especially enjoyed the earl grey cake. Fragrant and not too light/dense. Great cake and amazing service! Highly recommend.” – Nathalie Liew
“I would give them 6 stars if I could! I requested a cake that looked like the Ten Ren bubble tea cup. Their handicraft was exquisite and they paid amazing attention to detail! The Chinese words were hand written and they even modeled the tea label sticker exactly as it is in real life. I didn’t ask them for this level of detail, they did it voluntarily. Incredible.” – Lucas Liew
Expensive. While they have affordable options, their cakes start at the mid $50 range, going as high as $165.
Opening its first store in Paragon in 2013, Chalk Farm to this day delivers a refined air that befits the most lavish events. Starting with two simple flavours to eventually display it’s current 20+ cake choices, Chalk Farm has risen among other cake shops to be a cut above the rest.
- Multiple Flavours. Starting with only a carrot cake (carrot whisky sultana) and gingerbread, Chalk Farm has since expanded, including the salted caramel red velvet, and what would become their best seller, the chocolate Guinness cake.
- Seasonal Offerings. Every month, Chalk Farm introduces a new flavour, keeping their menu fresh!
- Cosy Atmosphere. Both of Chalk Farm’s locations boast an atmosphere that befits its products—simple, elegant, and cosy.
“I’m a sweet tooth by heart. Chalk farm cakes are amazing and I love going back for my afternoon tea delicacy. The best part is they even cater to the locals. My personal favourite is the lemon yogurt loaf. It’s just the perfect concoction of tangy feels and buttery sweetness. I love what they did with the lemons. It definitely is out of this world and a must try. It’s love at first bite for me for the bakes I have tried.” – Harvindeer Kaur
“First time trying their cakes. Bought the pandan durian cake and Earl Grey sponge cake. Both are quite nice but could be better. The cake was too dense, not spongy enough.” – Zhi Qin
How We Rate And Review The Products and Services We Recommend
Can’t seem to choose between different brands? Top Brands has you covered!
We take a look at some of the best options to be found in each industry and review them to help you make informed decisions. You can trust that our rating system is something we hold to a high standard by which each brand is evaluated.
You can check how we do it here.
At the end of the day, the best cakes in Singapore will simply depend on your taste, meaning the best cake shops are just as subjective.
But while baked goods to the preference of individuals, it’s always a good idea to take a look at the opinions of others to add value to our choices.
- Not every local favourite can make it on the list. We encourage you to continue exploring your other options in case the cake you want is just out there!
- Many cake shops may share the same items. Be sure to check which one suits your taste price-wise and flavour-wise!
- Likewise, not every pastry appears on other shops’ menus. You may find that some shops do that one thing, and they do it really well.
- Don’t want to bother with pick ups or delivery apps? Check with your chosen store if they deliver!
Top Brands is a website that curates a list of the best businesses in specific fields in Singapore. Stay in the loop by subscribing to our newsletter!