10 Best Hair Salons in Singapore for Cut, Color, Korean Style
Want to tame your unruly hair and have a good hair day every day?
You need to visit the hair salon and let a professional hairdresser take care of your mane. Whether it’s a simple haircut or a more elaborate balayage, a professional hairstylist will care for your hair using the right products.
Finding a hair salon in Singapore to trim your tresses is easy. However, finding the one that offers high-quality services tailored to your needs at affordable prices can be quite challenging. To help you find “the one”, here are our top picks for the best hair salons in Singapore for cut, colour, Korean styling, and more.
- Walking on Sunshine
- Bonbon Blowout Bar+
- Apgujeong Hair Salon
- Leekaja Beauty Salon
- Hair Studio Flamingo
- Salon Vim
- Vintage Studio
- Picasso Hair Studio
How Much Do Hair Salons Charge in Singapore?
Gone are the days where a basic haircut was S$28. Today, a typical ladies’ haircut starts from S$48 while a perm/rebonding treatment ranges between S$120 to S$390.
Take a look at the table below to easily compare rates.
Note: These are only estimated costs for haircuts, perming/rebonding, and colouring. That said, the actual price may vary when you visit the hair salon.
|Walking on Sunshine||Haircuts Perming/Rebonding Colouring||S$50 – S$120|
S$120 – S$360
S$90 – S$260
|Bonbon Blowout Bar+||Haircuts Perming/Rebonding Colouring||S$48 – S$58|
S$158 – S$388
S$98 – S$358
|Apgujeong Hair Salon||Haircuts Perming/Rebonding Colouring||S$45 – S$80|
S$155 – S$318
S$100 – S$208
|Leekaja Beauty Salon||Haircuts Perming/Rebonding Colouring||S$50 – S$250|
S$150 – S$390
S$120 – S$270
|Art-Noise||Haircuts Perming/Rebonding Colouring||S$54 – S$86|
S$160 – S$278
S$139 – S$310
|Hair Studio Flamingo||Haircuts Perming/Rebonding Colouring||S$70 – S$105|
S$130 – S$360
S$110 – S$240
|Salon Vim||Haircuts Perming/Rebonding Colouring||Contact for more information Wonder Curls starts from S$298|
Balayage starts from S$268
|Vintage Studio||Haircuts Perming/Rebonding Colouring||S$40 – S$95|
S$115 – S$308
S$62 – S$180
|Picasso Hair Studio||Haircuts Perming/Rebonding Colouring||S$38 – S$96|
S$215 – S$405
S$105 – S$420
|Visage||Haircuts Coloring||S$55 – S$85|
S$150 – S$300
Walk on Sunshine’s rates are fair and affordable. Wash and style services start from S$40 while haircuts range between S$50 and S$120. If you need more complex hair services, their perm/rebonding starts from S$120 and hair colour services at S$90 for a root retouch.
181 Orchard Rd, #03-07 Orchard Central, Singapore 238896
Saturday-Thursday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Phone: +65 8877 8800
A garden-themed salon and cafe, Walking On Sunshine are situated at Orchard Central. Boasting an aesthetically-pleasing interior, it is definitely IG-worthy! But what makes this hair salon stand out is its team of professional international hair stylists and outstanding customer service.
Walking on Sunshine offers full work services – from a simple cut and wash, to Korean perm, colouring, treatments, and more. On top of stellar hair services, you’ll also be treated to a relaxing massage and served with complimentary salads and fresh juice.
- Wide range of services: It’s a one-stop hair salon that offers a full range of high quality services. They offer wash and styling, haircuts, perm, color, rebonding, hair and scalp treatment, and more.
- Promotions: When you refer a friend, you’ll enjoy S$50 off from any full course services except haircut, nail services, and hair wash and blow/style services.
- 8-day promise: Walk on Sunshine aims to provide their clients with total satisfaction. Let them know within 8 days if you have any feedback or concern during your visit.
“First time to this salon. Easily accessible location with pleasant & clean atmosphere. My assigned senior stylist, Nicole, was very professional and would advise me on what is suitable for my hair. Happy with the end result. Will come back in future and definitely recommend it to friends!” – Gwen Lim
“Got my hair dyed here! The place is amazing and beautiful. I had a great experience here. The service is amazing, the stylists are really friendly, professional and excellent at what they do. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Will be back! Thank you, Jessica and Ju :)” – Charis Tay
“First time visiting this cafe and the overall experience was great. The food was great, the ambiance was stunning, and the service was highly commendable. Had to mention the service crew, Paula, for her astounding hospitality. She finds time to ask the guests about how the food is and what we need. Overall, a perfect place to dine especially for people looking for an Instagrammable place.” – Ryjean Bacay
Bonbon Blowout Bar+ haircut rate starts from S$48 and is inclusive of wash and blow –which makes the price very reasonable. Their SIGNATURE bonbon blowout with K Water Treatment is priced at S$58. If you’re looking for hair colour services, it starts from S$98 for retouching the roots.
Marina Square, 6 Raffles Boulevard, #03-120/121, Singapore 039594
Monday-Friday: 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday-Sunday: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Phone: +65 8770 9337
Whether you need quick snip or scalp care or perm services, Bonbon Blowout Bar+ is an excellent choice. This hair salon is renowned for its top-quality services with nearly-perfect reviews on Google and Facebook. What sets them apart is that they also offer hair services to little ones at their kids’ station.
- All-round hair services: They offer cut and style, color, perm/rebond, and hair and scalp care services.
- Kids’ station: This hair salon also offers haircuts for kids below 12 years old. Aside from that, they also offer fringe perm as well as kids’ curls and bounce.
- 7-day satisfaction guarantee: At Bonbon Blowout Bar+, they prioritize customer satisfaction. That said, if you’re not satisfied with their services, you can return within 7 days and your stylist will perform any service necessary to address the problem.
“Had a pleasant experience with the bonbon blowout bar! Especially with the professional service of Dash, thank you for always ensuring I have pretty and healthy hair and scalp. Would definitely recommend trying this salon where they don’t hard sell and the prices are reasonable for the quality products they use! Also not to mention the aesthetics of this salon are super pretty! Probably the prettiest salon I’ve ever been to.” – Sheron Quck
“I am very pleased with my new haircut at Bonbon blowout bar+. My stylist, Jimmy, was very professional and thoughtful. He explained the treatment and haircut patiently and clearly. I have always been jumping salons because I have never found one that I like but I think Bonbon is my current favorite salon now. I will definitely come back for future haircuts and treatments!” – Nicole Chua
“I am so glad to chance upon the Bonbon Blowout Bar+ salon at Marina Square. The place is so bright, clean, and cheery and they offer haircuts for kids too! My 2-year girl was so calm when Stylist Veron cut her hair and her hairstyle is easy to maintain. Veron is so good with kids. Thanks!” – Jas K
Apgujeong Hair Salon is one of the most affordable hair salons in Singapore. Their ladies’ haircut rates start from S$38 and their hair colour services start from S$100.
Want to try their cold perm services? It starts from S$155 for the ladies and is inclusive of a haircut. The Mucota volume rebonding, on the other hand, starts from S$230.
If you’re aiming for an authentic Korean style haircut and style, then this hair salon is the place to be. Apgujeong Hair Salon is a huge hit among the younger crowd. Headed by award-winning hairstylist, Kyle Shin, the Apgujeong team consists of a professional Korean styling team who are always up-to-date with the latest trends when it comes to hairdressing.
- Wide range of Korean hair services: Aside from the basic cut, shampoo, and blow, they also offer popular Korean hair treatments, such as Mucota Digital Perm or Cold Perm.
- Kids’ cut: They also offer haircut services for kids 10 years and below.
- Promotions: This Korean hair salon also has ongoing promotions for first-time customers, such as 50% off hydrating hair treatment. Plus, they also have a 10% discount on ladies’ day every Tuesday of the week.
“Been frequenting this place for a few years now. Fye is my go-to very reliable and awesome hairstylist who is also very friendly and nice. I often leave it to him to decide on the appropriate hairstyle for me and he never disappoints. A highly recommended hairstylist!!” – Abuy Lim
“Always a great experience from this studio. Very friendly and professional staff. Today was catered by Kary and I’m very pleased with the service. I have very frizzy hair yet she managed to fix it with a nice haircut/treatment. My friends also go here because they hear nice feedback from us. Happy customer since 2019!” – Kai
“Randomly chance upon this salon when I was at J8 running errands ‘cos wanted to color my roots and do something to my limp hair. Jess attended to me. A young Malaysian stylist but she knows her work very well. She is able to give spot-on advice and I did my hair end perm with her after sharing with her that I wasn’t satisfied with the perm I did in 2 other salons. I like her skill and ultimately signed a pkg there. Will go back to Jess whenever I need a good perm. Their charges for treatments and hair color are pretty high considering a salon in the neighborhood area.” – GT Tan
Leekaja Beauty Salon’s rates are slightly higher than the first three hair salons on this list, but their services are worth it. Their haircut rates start from S$60, cold wave perm starts from S$150, and their one-tone colour services start from S$140.
Want to try their LKJ Cinderella Treatment? The rates start from S$300 to S$450.
333A Orchard Road, #03-13 Mandarin Gallery, Singapore 238867
Saturday-Thursday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday: 10:30 am – 8:00 pm
Phone: +65 8133 0818
Leekaja Beauty Salon provides a full Korean beauty experience without having to travel to Seoul. It is one of the most popular hair salons in South Korea with over 200 branches all over the world. Leekaja specializes in hair treatments for heavily damaged hair.
One of their most sought-after services is their Cinderella Treatment. Not just a simple keratin treatment, Cinderella Treatment uses organic aloe vera and onion to moisturize and repair damaged hair.
- Specialize in hair treatments: They offer full hair services, including haircut, perm and color, eyelash extension, and lips tattoo. However, they are renowned for their Cinderella Treatment.
- Exclusive area for women: This area is hijab-friendly, making it ideal for Muslim women clientele. Plus, they use Halal products to cater to Muslim women.
- 8-day satisfaction guarantee: Leekaja provides free retouching within 8 days for customers who are unsatisfied with their haircuts, colouring, perming, and rebonding services.
“I was attended by Carmen, one of the directors in Leekaja. She was very attentive and very skillful in hairstyling. She managed to save my hair from the previous terrible dye and haircut I had before. Love the place! I absolutely love the botany look. A bit pricey but their service is top-notch.” – Hidayah Aziz
“Best hair salon in Singapore. I came for a layered haircut, the hairstylist is Marcus. I showed him what I wanted and got it. My head feels so light and I’m so happy with the result here! Pricing is reasonable for such a service. Highly recommended.” – Mia Linh Nghiem
“I wanted to make a hype up for my mullet haircut and my collaboration with Director stylist Carmen just did the most amazing, vibrant colors, plus the fact that we used organic products too. She’s highly skilled, plus the salon puts you at ease with its ambiance. Here are the two versions of my hairstyle, 3 weeks in between. It’s been over a month now and the blue tones are still vibrant, and the haircut is still looking great.” – Wish Ronquillo Peacocke
Prices at Art Noise are a bit more expensive than the other hair salons on this list. Their haircut rates start from S$86 which includes the use of original shampoo and blow. Other services start from S$59 for SHA Detox head spa and can go up to S$414 if you want more complex hair treatments.
38A Lorong Mambong, Holland Village, Singapore 277694
Monday-Sunday: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Phone: +65 6463 3651
Art Noise is one of the top-ranking beauty Salons in Tokyo. Situated at Holland Village, they are the first Japanese hair salon to open in the West area of Singapore.
Art Noise focuses on original hair treatments without the use of damaging chemicals. What sets them apart is that they don’t follow a stylist ranking system. So haircut prices have standard rates regardless of your choice of stylist.
- Japanese beauty services: Art Noise offers Japanese-style haircuts, hair color, perm, hair treatment, and head spa.
- Use non-damaging blends of Japanese products: This Japanese hair salon is also known for their original hair treatments that use non-damaging chemicals, perfect for those who frequently perm or straighten their hair.
- Original, environmentally friendly shampoo concoction: Art Noise also offers relaxing head massages using their original shampoo concoction containing natural ingredients.
“Came here to get a haircut and a perm. I’ve never gotten a perm before. I found art noise on Google and decided to come here due to the good reviews. Daisuke was my stylist and he was really friendly! He made my straight hair more interesting after the perm and cut. The service here is really good and my hair felt smoother too! Definitely would come by again” – Varene Wong
“Great service and friendly staff! And also, never had a bad haircut in all my time there. The hairstylists are very attentive to your needs and they definitely deliver the style you want beyond your expectation” – Carolyn
“Had my haircut done by Daisuke-san, who was recommended by a friend. Very friendly (and always smiling), professional, and did not push any additional service or products at all (which is a great experience for me as he was sharing his honest opinions on what suits my hair condition, and only if you are keen you can let him know). I enjoyed his scalp treatment and massage very much. Of course, the hair cut was great too!” – Wei Ling Loh
Their hair services rates are also a bit expensive and start at S$85 for a ladies’ haircut. Other services start from S$40 for shampoo and blow and can go as high as S$470 for a full cut-volume rebonding-smoothening service.
Tanjong Pagar Branch
7 Neil Road, Singapore 088807
Tiong Bahru Branch
55 Tiong Bahru Road #01-55, Singapore 160055
Monday-Sunday: 9:30 am – 8:30 pm
Tanjong Pagar Branch
Phone: +65 8726 2116
Tiong Bahru Branch
Phone: +65 8332 6617
Tanjong Pagar Branch
Tiong Bahru Branch
Not sure what hairstyle best suits you? Hair Studio Flamingo has a team of experienced Japanese stylists. They will help you choose the best haircut that will complement your facial structure. Aside from haircuts, they also offer perm and straightening, hair treatment, colouring, make-up, and hair setting services.
- Offer professional advice for the best hairstyle: Hair Studio Flamingo has a team of professional stylists who will propose the best hairstyle that will match your face shape and hair quality.
- Full hair services: This hair salon offers a wide range of hair services, including perm and straightening, coloring, hair treatments, and more.
- Eyelash services: If you’re looking to add volume to your eyelashes, Hair Studio Flamingo provides outstanding techniques and customer services. They offer eyelash perm, flat lash, volume lash, maintenance, and more.
“Asako san provides a superb professional haircut and she also gives styling advice. She is patient and listens to understand what style I want. Appointment done through their online booking system, totally fuss-free. Highly recommended!” – Alice Loh
“First time trying a cut by a Japanese hairstylist, Asako. A fresh new hairstyle. Asako is a friendly stylist. Will definitely come back” – Mark Ree
“Truly Japanese experience – high level of professionalism and sensual experience. It was my first visit to Flamingo and I didn’t make up my mind too well before going. My hairdresser Marco gave a very practical suggestion – we cut and see first, then decide if perming is needed. The overall look turned out well. The studio was really airy and calming, and the service was top-notch. Will definitely come back again” – Momo Lu Yin
Salon Vim’s rates can be quite expensive at almost S$300. However, not all their rates are available on their website. It’s best to contact the hair salon to enquire.
Wisma Atria Branch
435 Orchard Rd, #02-01B, Singapore 238877
235 Victoria St, Singapore 188027
Monday-Friday: 10:30 am – 8:30 pm
Saturday-Sunday: 10:30 am – 7:30 pm
Wisma Atria Branch
Phone: +65 6734 6404
Phone: +65 6837 0073
Salon Vim is a trendsetter in hair care and hair colouring services. They have a team of experts who specialize in coloured highlights, such as ombre, balayage, and dip dyes.
Boasting 11 years of experience in the industry, Salon Vim is a multi-awarded hair salon. Some of their awards include Bazaar Hair Awards 2017, 2016 Best Beauty Treats by Style, 2017 Beauty Treat List by Elle, and more.
- Colored highlights: Salon Vim has a team of experts that specialize in hair coloring treatments.
- Hair restructuring shaping: One of their most popular hair services is the “Wonder Curls”. This provides you with permanent anti-frizz waves for a low-maintenance wave hairdo.
- Renewal light therapy: Aside from hair coloring treatments and hair contouring, Salon Vim also offers Renewal Light Therapy. This treatment helps rebalance your scalp equilibrium, control oil secretion, and soothe irritated scalp.
“Great services! Specially thanks Daryl for the hair coloring. Really love it. He asked for my preference and executed it to perfection.” – Mayjun Ong
“Lendl has been my preferred hairstylist since his ex workplace. He always gives his professional advice and I have always trusted his skills. I’m happy with the results all the time. Look for Lendl if you are looking for a young and passionate hairstylist!” – Chung Yeong
“My wife and I went down to Salon Vim for our wedding hair styling. Daryl was assigned to us as our hairstylist. From the start, he has been very accommodating and friendly, making sure he understood what we wanted and giving appropriate advice. He was also very gentle and attentive, making sure we had a comfortable session. We are very satisfied with the end result and would definitely return in the future. Thanks, Daryl!” – Alex Goh
Vintage Studio has affordable rates which start at S$49 for a haircut and blow. Other services, such as Perming and rebonding start from S$115 and can go as high as S$309.
Vintage Studio offers a wide range of services, including hairstyling, creative haircuts, colouring, rebonding, perming, hair and scalp treatments, and more. Best of all, they have branches in different areas across the island, making them highly accessible. If you prefer a bit of privacy during your hair treatment, they also have a dedicated VIP area with massage chairs.
- Wide range of hair services: From hairstyling to cutting to coloring to perming and rebonding, you can have it all done at Vintage Studio.
- Easily accessible: Vintage Salon is strategically located across the island. Most of their branches are located conveniently inside malls, making them highly accessible.
- Dedicated VIP area: You can enjoy complimentary refreshments during treatments. Plus, they have a VIP area with a massage chair for a fully relaxing experience.
“Been to Vintage studio for a year, their service is always very good! Very polite and helpful staff. The hairdresser always never fails to surprise me and satisfy me! Highly recommended place to get your hair fixed.” – Reiko
“Great service by Sam!!! Took me in 30 minutes right before they close and did exactly what I asked for. All of the staff were friendly too. Highly recommended!” – Nadzirah Ramli
“I had my scalp treatment here for years. Eugene is a pleasant guy who gives you straightforward, transparent advice on your scalp and shares what needs to be done. He kindly asks if I am cold or not. He gave me a blanket. Such a thoughtful hairstylist. Paul will give you a nice haircut that will suit you. Nice fella too.” – Reena Titania
The rates at Picasso Hair Studio are affordable. Their ladies’ haircut starts from S$48 and a root retouch hair colouring starts from S$85. However, the rates for more complex hair treatments can go as high as S$405.
Picasso Hair Studio is known for its perms and creative colouring services – from highlights to balayage. Boasting an art studio-inspired interior, their mirrors are set on easels and colourful murals decorate the walls. But Picasso Hair Studio isn’t only aesthetically appealing, they also have a team of experienced hair designers. They use their expertise in face shapes and skin tones to propose the best hairstyles that will bring out the best in their clients.
- Stylists will analyze face shape, height & build, and skin tone: To give you the best hairstyle that suits you, their award-winning stylists will analyze your face shape, height and build. They will also find the best shade of color that suits your skin tone.
- Creative hair coloring services: They are capable of providing wild color combinations while ensuring that it suits your overall look.
- Customized perm: They have a wide variety of perm or rebonding treatments to choose from. However, they also offer customized perm that will suit your style and preference.
“Had my hair permed by Ryan! He was extremely professional and helpful, bringing me through every step of the process and ensuring that I’m comfortable and in the know of what’s going on during the whole process. He even gave tips on how to take care of my hair, style it and blow dry it! Really appreciate the 10/10 service!” – Rebecca Lim
“Highly recommended hair salon for customized perms. I had my hair permed by Tiffany and she took time to explore my preferences. No hard-selling involved – she recommended me two types of chemical perms but left the decision solely up to me. Instead of the standard cookie-cutter types of perm, I got a customized perm that is suited for my style and preference. Will definitely be back!” – Joanne Tan
“Would like to recommend Aimee from Picasso @ Novena! She is my stylist for the past 1 year and I’m definitely getting back to her. Really hard to find someone that is as patience and dedicate as her. Glad that I met her as my stylist for my first perm and liked her work and went back subsequently for maintenance of my hair” – Stella Chew
Visage has average rates with their ladies’ haircuts starting at S$65. More complicated hair treatments, such as hair colour highlights or Keratin treatment range from S$150 to S$500.
402 Orchard Rd, #04-28, Singapore 238876
Monday-Friday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Phone: +65 6735 6357
With more than 30 years of experience, Visage has served and satisfied customers, becoming a household name in the Orchard Road area. Visage offers a full suite of hair services and they specialize in Caucasian hair. Aside from hairdressing services, they also offer facials, waxing, massages, and more.
Their 7-seater Balinese-themed salon is a cosy and relaxing space for simple styling or a total makeover. The downside? They can only accommodate up to 7 clients at a time.
- Specialize in Expat and Caucasian hair: Visage offers a full range of hair services – from simple hairstyling to coloring or hair treatments.
- Full range of beauty services: They have spa packages, body massages, facials, waxing and permanent hair reduction,and more.
- Accepts clients by appointment only: It’s best to book your appointments.
“Dominic is awesome, for my Indian hair texture and curls, his skills, knowledge, and experience were amazing. I would recommend Dominic, his efficient staff and his saloon with eyes closed.” – Anu Raj
“Dominique is the best hairdresser for Western hair in Singapore, I been living here for more than 7 years. I have a lot of horror stories to tell about other hairdressers (for the convenience of location or recommended by other people) and I just won’t take any more chances and stick to Visage. Tried and tested!” – Monica Portillo
How We Rate and Review the Products and Services We Recommend
Here at Top Brands, we aim to help our readers make informed choices. Each product or service is thoroughly evaluated using a set of specific metrics. We use a set of guidelines to determine each company’s performance.
For this review, we chose salons with a secure website, social channels, and an accessible phone number. We also chose well-established companies with at least a 3-star rating on Google Reviews. To further help you in making a choice, we also listed their price range for convenient comparison.
For a full list of criteria, you can click here.
You can find hair salons in Singapore at every turn. However, locating the best hair salon that caters to your specific needs requires time and proper research. So take your pick from the hair salons listed above.
- The best hair salons not only have a full range of hair services and outstanding customer service but will also analyze your facial structure to propose the best hairstyle that will suit you.
- Before booking an appointment at any hair salon, make sure to read up about their stylists and pay attention to their experience and expertise.
- There are hair salons in Singapore that specialize in specific styles and services so choose one that specializes in the kind of treatment you want.
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to our newsletter today and get free instant access to expert product and services reviews straight to your inbox!